Monday, June 4, 2007

Picture Post 2

Dessie-pup says "Bring on the photos!"
P6030001

I'm So excited, my new wheel finally arrived. It was a long two weeks since I had ordered it but I'm so glad it's finally here!
P1010001
It's a Louet S10 and I think I'm in love. I was so used to the Babe Pinkie (a dippy little wheel) that the sheer size of this thing freaked me out. I feel like I'm learning to spin all over again.
I put it together Friday night and with a little help from Rob I was ready to go. I started with the roving for the Handspun Handcrafted swap I'm participating in over on craftster. The pink and yellow roving is what I'm currently spinning.

I took a break from that roving to finish up my Spunky Eclectic Fiber of the Month. I was wrong when I called it wensleydale, it's actually Coopworth sliver, which is another fiber I've never worked with before. This one stained my fingers like you wouldn't believe. When it was all spun up I transferred it from the Babe to the louet for plying. I went with Navajo plying to preserve the color and you wouldn't believe how fast it went on the new wheel. When I was done I gave it a good long soak to get out the remnant dye and the colors really brightened up quite a bit.
P1010009
That's what I came up with, its about 210 yards at dk weight.
Here's a gratuitous close up
P1010008

I couldn't believe that I woke up at 9:30 on Saturday. I was up until about 3AM Friday night and I was hoping to sleep in Saturday. Since my internal clock foiled my plans I jumped up got dressed and took a little trip to Target to find a lounge chair for the backyard. It was so nice out and my legs were the color of egg whites so I figured I'd set up camp in the back yard and knit, read, just relax. I made my way to the lounge chair section, stopping briefly at clothing to pick up some cute tee-shirt dresses and a wrap dress that was appropriate for the office. I'm proud to say the queen now has her throne.
P6030005
Just look at that relaxing goodness.

More to come this week, I'll discuss some swap skeins I've made and show some shots of my Blythe's modeling their new clothes and hair.

1 comment:

CassieMarie said...

Congrats on the new wheel! I just got mine too! YAY!
--Cassie