Thursday, June 21, 2007

Cast On Cast Off

I finally finished the back to Joesphine, and I immediately cast on for the front. I get so excited to knit a new item and with each thing I've started somewhere around the middle I get bored and lust after new pieces to CO. It's a bad habit and has resulted in multiple UFO's lying around the apartment. I will finish the Josephine, I promise myself this and I will not break a promise.

I bought Cascade Pima for the drop stitch tank from Fitted Knits, I'm in love with this book and there are so many patterns I will make. This one caught my eye and for the first time I'm making a pattern from the suggested materials, this rarely happens because usually the yarn suggested is way too expensive. I'm going to make this using a mod I saw i the flickr group where I will knit in the round. I hate seaming and this will make me more inclined to finish.

I CO last night for the Market Bag with mods that I saw on craftster. I know another UFO, but this seems like it will knit up quick and then it will seriously cut down on my consumer waste.

Still spinning the batts, I think I have about 2oz done, I'm still, tyring to figure out if I should ply it or not, I'll post pics of the single soon.

I've just signed up for this:
TourdeFleece
And recommend you do the same if you're a spinner.
Sign up at The Tour de Fleece(on Craftster) or at Star's blog.
Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 7th through Sunday July 29th. Days of rest: Monday, July 16th, Tuesday July 24th. (Just like the actual tour)
Spin something challenging Wednesday July 25th. (The last hard climbing mountain stage in the Pyrenees - Col d’Aubisque)
Take a button if you want one. Then we can use the button on our blogs in show of solidarity. Take it from here or grab a clean one from the flickr pool.
Wear yellow on Sunday July 29th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour - but here we are all 'race leaders')
Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter - think FAST), Polka-dot (climber - as in uphill), and white (rookie)

No comments: