Friday, June 20, 2008

The Votes are In

And it's a three way tie.. AAAAAAHHHHH now I have to be decisive and figure out what to cast on by myself. What I should do is finish my Lotus Blossom Tank (ravelry link) but all those tiny stockinette stitches in the round make my head all hurty. I'll try to finish by Monday so I can cast on something new.

Ahh the allure of the new project, it's almost too much to bear. The funny thing is I get all excited, I get my yarn and find my needles (sometimes I'll even swatch) and then I cast on, and I swear about halfway through the cast on project I get bored and wonder why I cast on in the first place. I have such crafting ADD it's not even funny. I have these illusions of casting on and holding a perfect FO an hour later, like some sort of super knitter, and when I realize it may take days or even *gasp* weeks to get my FO I feel dejected and frustrated.

Enough of my neurosis I have an FO to share.
DSC00648
Pattern: Ribbed Lace Bolero
Yarn: Schachenmayr nomotta Aurora (don't look for this yarn in stores I found it in the dollar bin at Big Lots and I don't think they make it anymore)
Notes: This was a nice knit, simple and easily modified. The pattern isn't really a pattern but a guideline for you to follow based on your own personal measurements. I may make another using a different lace stitch but this came out well. I would encourage you to make a size just a wee bit smaller then instructed because a lot of FO's on ravelry seem to be comming out huge. I think I knitted this 2 inches smaller then the pattern instructed and I'm quite happy with the finished product. I also think this shrug makes my boobs look big, which was reinforced by the guy staring at my chest the entire train ride to work this morning. The yarn was garbage, it's a weird thick flat yarn, think linguini not spaghetti, and it's a 50/50 blend of cotton and acrylic. the result is a little scratchy and rough, but the entire shrug cost $3.50 and I was able to reduce the stash monster (even just a little bit counts) so who am I to complain.
DSC00647
My hair looks big today
DSC00646
Oh look at my sleepy face. See boobies gallore!

No comments: