Monday, February 25, 2008

I May Have a Problem

I think I might be addicted to fiber and yarn. I realized this after dropping almost a hundred bucks at In Sheep's Clothing a wonderful store in Torrington CT (near my parents country home.) This was the same store I had purchase my loom at last weekend so if I add my two purchases together plus the 125 I spent replacing the drive wheel of my majacraft I have spent almost 500 dollars on fiber related things this month.....



Please wait a moment while I rest my head on the desk so I don't pass out



Okay, I'm back. I think this spending means I have to go on another yarn diet. For some reason I suck at food diets but yarn diets allow me to rediscover all the wonderfulness that is hidden in the stash monster. I think I'll diet for a month and see how that goes. This diet should give me incentive to start (and um, finish) all the projects I currently have yarn for.

I cast on another pair of socks out of my handspun this weekend. Its my sock pattern as seen in the side bar over to your right.
DSC00114
Now you may ask why do I keep casting on socks? I've stated before that I don't really like knitting socks, but knitted socks are so nice to wear and well, everyone else likes to knit socks I feel like an anomaly for not knitting them. What can I say I guess I'm a follower.

Sock one is done, but I left this project in CT. I think I have an overwhelming desire to leave UFO's wherever I go, like some demented knitting obsessed Hansel and Gretel dropping bread crumbs to find their way home. I have UFO's at my mothers apartment, my parents weekend home, in my purse, in the glove compartment of my car and one at my sisters place which I'm sure she has thrown out.

No comments: