Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I think I'm stupid

Okay, let me explain. I went to MA for the weekend to see my family and hang out by the beach. All was well except the weather didn't behave and instead of hanging on the beach I ate and drank and ate and ate and drank....So you get the point. I drank at Karaoke (then I did a kick ass rendition of "Because I got High" by Afroman and scared all the working class middle agers who practice all week for Karaoke) and I drank with dinner, I drank in the afternoon and I drank at night. It was pretty gross, I'm not even a big drinker so suffice to say I did my body a major disservice.

To remedy the bad treatment I had indulged in I decided the best thing to do would be to detox. And some googling took me to the "Master Cleanser" or "Lemonade Diet" this is a fast in which I eat NOTHING, that's right NOT A DAMN THING. Instead I drink this "lemonade" which consists of lemon juice, filtered water, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I'm also allowed to drink herbal tea and water but not a solid thing is to cross my lips. You're supposed to torture yourself for 10 days, but that ain't happening. I'm on day 2 and I think I may shoot for 72 hours and consider it a success. I'm craving food like Shepard's pie and pizza, it kills me to walk down the street because the smokey smell of charring meat from the Halal carts may drive me to homicide. The upside is when I woke up this morning I felt great. I woke up half an hour earlier and had no desire to beat the crap out of the snooze button for and extra ten minutes (or thirty.) My skin is clearing up and the dark circles are going away. I don't know what I should do plug away and try to do this as long as possible or simply give in and eat something tomorrow.

Just had to rant, this post has nothing to do with crafting, my apologies for anyone who was looking for knitting or spinning.

A side note, I will be performing at the Lafayette Lounge in NYC Sunday at 6PM as part of a showcase. If you like middle eastern dance check it out. I think you need to make reservations because the last one sold out real quick.

No comments: