Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What to do when you're home sick

I have issues sitting still, I guess that's why knitting and I get along so well. Knitting gives me something to do while I sit to watch TV/Movies/car rides. Spinning is a good distraction too, just not a portable (it would be funny trying to sneak my spinning wheel into a movie theater.) I was sick on Thursday, fever of 103 and cranky attitude. I called out sick and did what any sane person does when they're home bound by fever, I dyed wool and baked bread! Oh and I knitted, but that doesn't count, I'm always knitting.
Le Slouch
Knit on 6's and 9's
Made good use of my Spunky Club "Nightshade"
P1010007
P1010006
Dessie is so not happy with my request for her to model
P1010005
I still have about 70 yards or so left over, any suggestions?

Then I got baking, its a quick and easy 1 hour honey wheat recipe
1 Package yeast
2 cups warm water
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp salt
4 cups whole wheat flour
olive oil
Corn meal

Turn oven on to 200 degrees
Dissolve honey, salt and yeast into water and let sit until bubbles form (5 - 10 min)
P1010002-1
Mix in flour and knead into a ball
P1010004-2
Turn off oven and wait until temp drops to 120-150
Place ball in pan and let sit in oven until dough has doubled in size.
When dough has doubled turn oven on to 400
Coat ball of dough in olive oil and add a few slices on top so air can escape.
Coat bottom of baking pan in corn meal
Sprinkle 1 tsp salt on top of dough (optional)
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes
Drop to 300 and bake for another 20-30 minutes (until bread is firm)
P1010001-1
Taa-daa sick day bread, excellent with honey butter or strawberry butter and easy on the tummy too!

No comments: