Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Sky is Crying Over NYC

Today marks the 6th year anniversary of the attacks at the World Trade Center. As a New Yorker who was employed by the city as an EMT it also marks a very sad milestone in my life. Today marks the anniversary of a 4 day trip through hell in which I witnessed and experienced things that no human being should. I think about all those across the ocean experiencing similar travesties without the comforts of home and family. I'm floating through today as if I'm not fully awake or aware. People have stopped to ask if I'm ill, and I guess I am. Please take a few minutes of your day to call you loved ones and remind them that they are special and important in your life, tell them you love them and care for them, you never know what fate will bring.

1 comment:

Ilix said...

Thanks for whatever you did that day and the days following..... know that Vancouver was weeping that day with you.