Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Have a Valid Excuse

Okay, see here's the thing, I work in finance and well its not a good time to be working on Wall street. But I'm still employed (for the time being) and busy like you wouldn't believe.

I have been knitting and spinning and since the weather is getting cold again I'm going to break out the loom and get cracking on some scarfs. Also does anyone out there get Craft Zine? There's this amazing vest pattern that can be made out of cloth woven with knitting yarn. It's super cute and on my list of things to do.

Jen from Hanks in the Hood (seriously go check her stuff out it's insanely yummy) asked me to help her with a spinning project. I can never say no to spinning and I'm pleased to say that she has me spinning 3 lbs of pure cashmere. PURE CASHMERE, THREE POUNDS OF IT!!!!! I don't know how I'm ever going to go back to spinning just wool after all this.

I have some FO's (I do I really really do) but I need to photograph them. And since the weather has taken a dip over the past days I'm rolling in wool yarn again and happy to do so. Don't get me wrong I love bamboo and cotton and tencel but wool just feels right.

I'll try to get pics this weekend, if the market doesn't fall another million points before the end of the week. :P

1 comment:

Jen Andersen said...

I can not wait to see the cashmere. It is a treat isn't it? Thanks again for all your help. Hang in there with work and have a great weekend.